Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bút Ký: BA - THE DAD (3) - Trương N. Hương



My mom told me on the day I walked across stage and graduated high school my dad cried. I found that hard to believe because I have only seen him cried twice in my life, when his father died and when we visited his mom’s grave in Vietnam. Whether my mom’s words are true or not, I know he was really happy because he smiled a lot and patted me on the shoulder. Although he never says this, I know he is proud of me and that he loves me. Honestly, he does not have to. For every life lesson he has given and taught me, he has raised me to be who I am today. Looking at myself, many of my characteristics and personality traits stem from him. I even look like him. Frankly, all six of my siblings and I look nothing like our mothers and more like our dad. For me, I find to that to be a compliment. My father is quite a handsome, jolly fellow. I can never thank him enough for encouraging me to be innovative and caring. I can never thank him enough for being my dad and for trusting me with my own future. I can never thank him enough for being there for me 24/7 and for believing in me. Without him, his work ethic, his love for family and community, I would not be where I am today. Like any person, he has his flaws and our relationship is far from perfect. We will always be a work in progress. Nonetheless, I love Ba and he is the number one Ba to me!

Ba and I at a wedding. Notice how awesome his tie is. Fun fact, I buy him a new tie every year for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment